Haringey blasted for spending £42,000 on bottled water
Haringey Council has been blasted by Liberal Democrat politicians for spending £42,000 on bottled water over the last three years The information was revealed in a response to a question from Lib Dem Councillor Jonathan Bloch (Muswell Hill). The Lib Dems
Haringey Council has been blasted by Liberal Democrat politicians for spending £42,000 on bottled water over the last three years
The information was revealed in a response to a question from Lib Dem Councillor Jonathan Bloch (Muswell Hill). The Lib Dems say the council is wasting taxpayers' money on unsustainable products and failing to follow its own green agenda.
Cllr Ed Butcher, Lib Dem Environment Spokesperson, comments;
"Apart from the money Haringey Council is wasting, I am appalled by the unnecessary impact to the environment. As Haringey Labour sit in meetings struggling to come up with ideas to make the council more sustainable, they are completely oblivious to the water bottles sat on the table in front of them. The obviously do not have a clue when it comes to even the most simple solutions to make the council greener."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Jonathan Bloch (Muswell Hill) said: " They appear happy to pour council taxpayers money down the drain on unnecessary luxuries such as bottled water, while at the same time presiding over one of the highest council tax rates in London and implementing inflation busting charges on numerous services. Why can't they make do with tap water?''
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United