One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- Credit: Kirsty O'Connor/PA
Two new Covid-19 testing centres for people with no symptoms have opened in Haringey, with nearly one in 10 tests coming back positive.
This week free, rapid coronavirus tests became available at new centres at 48 Station Road, Wood Green and Tottenham Community Sports Centre.
Haringey Council reports that of the first 241 lateral flow tests on the first full day of opening, 20 (8.3%) were positive.
Haringey’s director of public health, Dr Will Maimaris, said: “For the people who have tested positive, it means staying indoors for a few days, but that action alone can save someone else’s life.
“If they are not spreading it because they are in isolation we are one small step to coming out of lockdown with our freedoms returned and our local businesses reopening.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents can visit the centres from midday to 7pm Tuesday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing