Hampstead hair stylist Edoardo shortlisted for top national award
- Credit: Trevor Sorbie
"The hard work and resilience was worth it," says Hampstead's Edoardo Colasanti after being shortlisted for a top award.
The stylist from the village's Trevor Sorbie salon is a finalist in the Newcomer of the Year category at HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional.
Edoardo said: "I’m absolutely thrilled. It’s been a tough year but something like this proves that all the hard work and resilience was worth it."
In various categories, they are judged anonymously by more than 100 leading hairdressers, with winners announced November 29 at a ceremony at Grosvenor House.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of the awards, said: ‘These awards recognise the very best of British hairdressing talent, celebrating the passion, artistry and expertise of individuals from across the country."
She said in reaching the finals, Edoardo has demonstrated he is "accomplished and gifted", with an "impeccable eye for detail".
The awards, now in their 37th year, are a celebration of hairdressing excellence, recognising the outstanding creative and technical abilities of stylists.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 7 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'