Hampstead hair stylist Edoardo shortlisted for top national award
- Credit: Trevor Sorbie
"The hard work and resilience was worth it," says Hampstead's Edoardo Colasanti after being shortlisted for a top award.
The stylist from the village's Trevor Sorbie salon is a finalist in the Newcomer of the Year category at HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional.
Edoardo said: "I’m absolutely thrilled. It’s been a tough year but something like this proves that all the hard work and resilience was worth it."
In various categories, they are judged anonymously by more than 100 leading hairdressers, with winners announced November 29 at a ceremony at Grosvenor House.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of the awards, said: ‘These awards recognise the very best of British hairdressing talent, celebrating the passion, artistry and expertise of individuals from across the country."
You may also want to watch:
She said in reaching the finals, Edoardo has demonstrated he is "accomplished and gifted", with an "impeccable eye for detail".
The awards, now in their 37th year, are a celebration of hairdressing excellence, recognising the outstanding creative and technical abilities of stylists.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London