Hampstead and Highgate police sergeant stepping down
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
The Metropolitan Police sergeant for Hampstead and Highgate is stepping down.
John Hounsell will shortly move on after nearly two years as the safer neighbourhood team sergeant. His replacement on June 1 will be Nicky O’Hara.
Sgt Hounsell said: “Community policing is most effective when the community itself is cohesive, active and dedicated to working alongside the police and partner agencies to make a safer area for everyone – Hampstead and Highgate are both perfect examples of this.
“Hampstead and Highgate both have rich history and are renowned for being wonderful places to live and visit, and to me they have been hugely rewarding to police.
“Not without challenges, the last two years have seen a variety of serious issues in the area and almost my entire tenure has been in the scope of a pandemic, but throughout the difficult times – the community spirit of this small part of North London has been unwavering.
“I will miss patrolling such a beautiful part of London, and the fantastic groups of residents and business owners that made Hampstead and Highgate the truly special places they are.”
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 6 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift