Hampstead schoolboy interviews How To Train Your Dragon director
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead primary school pupil came face-to-face with an Oscar-nominated film director for a special one-off interview.
Ryan Mcevoy, a Year 6 pupil at Holy Trinity CofE Primary School, in Trinity Walk, quizzed Dean DeBois about his new animation film How To Train Your Dragon 2.
The 11-year-old, who is due to start at UCL Academy in Swiss Cottage in September, attended a preview screening of the film at the Soho Hotel before sitting down with the Canadian director for an interview, as part of the Into Film talent development programme.
Mr DeBois’s previous credits include Lilo & Stitch, which was nominated for the Best Animated Feature Oscar in 2002.
Ryan applied to join the programme, run by education charity Into Film, through his school film club and was given the interview for his first assignment in his new role as a reporter.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It felt really cool. You see the steps of an animated film and what the director needs to do in an animated film. The film was really good - interesting, fast moving and it has loads of things that a film needs!”
Ryan’s interview is available to watch on the YouTube website.
For more information about Into Film, visit intofilm.org
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate