Hampstead Post Office still shut over ‘underlying health concerns’ of staff
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Post Office remains shut due to “underlying health concerns”.
The Post Office was unable to say when it would reopen, and said in the interim NW3 residents could head to Belsize Park, Swiss Cottage, Queen’s Crescent, West Hampstead or Cricklewood for alternative services.
A spokesperson said: “Hampstead Post Office is temporarily closed due to staffing issues caused by the covid 19 pandemic as there are underlying health concerns. It is not known at this stage when this branch will re-open.”
They added: ““We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this temporary closure as we know how important Post Offices are to communities.”
The Belsize Park Post Office is the closest alternative, located at 199-205 Haverstock Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead’s branch has been closed since March.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road