Hampstead PCSOs give out Smart Water to help people deter burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead PCSOs were giving out free bottles of the burglary deterrent Smart Water on Thursday.
Ward community support officers PCSO Naomi Francis and PCSO Lee Jefferies spent their morning at the Hampstead Community Centre in the high street offering advice on how to prevent burglaries and signing passers-by up to the property-marking system.
PCSO Francis told this newspaper: "This little bottle is a gem. We're giving them out to make people feel safer and to get the stickers up as a deterrent."
At the community centre, Sarah Bradley, who works as a nanny in West Hampstead and Hampstead, added: "We are always out and about and lots of nannies have had things like phones taken by the likes of people on the mopeds."
The officers were also giving out crime protection advice.
You may also want to watch:
Smart Water enables members of the public to mark their property with a unique code that will relate back to them should an item be stolen.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners