Hampstead PCSOs give out Smart Water to help people deter burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead PCSOs were giving out free bottles of the burglary deterrent Smart Water on Thursday.
Ward community support officers PCSO Naomi Francis and PCSO Lee Jefferies spent their morning at the Hampstead Community Centre in the high street offering advice on how to prevent burglaries and signing passers-by up to the property-marking system.
PCSO Francis told this newspaper: "This little bottle is a gem. We're giving them out to make people feel safer and to get the stickers up as a deterrent."
At the community centre, Sarah Bradley, who works as a nanny in West Hampstead and Hampstead, added: "We are always out and about and lots of nannies have had things like phones taken by the likes of people on the mopeds."
The officers were also giving out crime protection advice.
You may also want to watch:
Smart Water enables members of the public to mark their property with a unique code that will relate back to them should an item be stolen.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross