Hampstead PCSOs give out Smart Water to help people deter burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead PCSOs were giving out free bottles of the burglary deterrent Smart Water on Thursday.
Ward community support officers PCSO Naomi Francis and PCSO Lee Jefferies spent their morning at the Hampstead Community Centre in the high street offering advice on how to prevent burglaries and signing passers-by up to the property-marking system.
PCSO Francis told this newspaper: "This little bottle is a gem. We're giving them out to make people feel safer and to get the stickers up as a deterrent."
At the community centre, Sarah Bradley, who works as a nanny in West Hampstead and Hampstead, added: "We are always out and about and lots of nannies have had things like phones taken by the likes of people on the mopeds."
The officers were also giving out crime protection advice.
You may also want to watch:
Smart Water enables members of the public to mark their property with a unique code that will relate back to them should an item be stolen.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?