Hampstead musician releases Donald Trump song amid US election 2020 results
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead musician has released a song about Donald Trump amid the chaos of the US presidential election.
For his single, titled Donald Trump, Tom Cridland, 30, adopts the persona of a Trump supporter, who has been shunned by their loved ones for their political beliefs.
The chorus includes the line: “I didn’t mean to break your heart just by voting for Donald Trump.”
Of his inspiration for the track, Tom said: “I did see a story of someone being dumped for supporting Donald Trump.
“I think it would be better to have a conversation. I think we should just all talk to each other more and try and reason with each other.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom, who takes inspiration from Phil Collins and Led Zeppelin, has also put out a song about a run for the presidency by rapper Kanye West.
He said: “Honestly, with what we’ve seen so far I would not be surprised if [Kayne is] a contender in four years.”
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 7 Early plans under way for Dartmouth Park LTN scheme
- 8 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road