Hampstead musician releases Donald Trump song amid US election 2020 results
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead musician has released a song about Donald Trump amid the chaos of the US presidential election.
For his single, titled Donald Trump, Tom Cridland, 30, adopts the persona of a Trump supporter, who has been shunned by their loved ones for their political beliefs.
The chorus includes the line: “I didn’t mean to break your heart just by voting for Donald Trump.”
Of his inspiration for the track, Tom said: “I did see a story of someone being dumped for supporting Donald Trump.
“I think it would be better to have a conversation. I think we should just all talk to each other more and try and reason with each other.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom, who takes inspiration from Phil Collins and Led Zeppelin, has also put out a song about a run for the presidency by rapper Kanye West.
He said: “Honestly, with what we’ve seen so far I would not be surprised if [Kayne is] a contender in four years.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates