Hampstead musician releases Donald Trump song amid US election 2020 results
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead musician has released a song about Donald Trump amid the chaos of the US presidential election.
For his single, titled Donald Trump, Tom Cridland, 30, adopts the persona of a Trump supporter, who has been shunned by their loved ones for their political beliefs.
The chorus includes the line: “I didn’t mean to break your heart just by voting for Donald Trump.”
Of his inspiration for the track, Tom said: “I did see a story of someone being dumped for supporting Donald Trump.
“I think it would be better to have a conversation. I think we should just all talk to each other more and try and reason with each other.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom, who takes inspiration from Phil Collins and Led Zeppelin, has also put out a song about a run for the presidency by rapper Kanye West.
He said: “Honestly, with what we’ve seen so far I would not be surprised if [Kayne is] a contender in four years.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 9 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site