Hampstead mums launch Hampstead Life group to bring community together
- Credit: Archant
A new network designed to strengthen the Hampstead community was launched last week by Hampstead mums.
Hampstead Life will help people living in Hampstead and the surrounding area meet each other, have fun, and form a stronger community through its varied events programme.
It was born out of a social network on Facebook, Hampstead Mums, which has an online community of more than 4,000 people.
Diana Von Rettig (above left) started the Facebook group after she had her first child in 2013 when she noticed a lack of online presence for parents in the area. And so the The Hampstead Mums group began offering advice, recommendations and information to parents local to NW3.
The group has been so successful that Diana, along with Robin Zaragoza (above right) and Jana Blount (above middle), launched Hampstead Life to start bringing these virtual friendships out in the real world.
Nanny experts will offer advice on childcare on October 17, and a comedy night with Taylor Glenn on November 2 will raise money for Cocoon family support.
The Ham&High attended the launch party, held at pop-up store A Luxe Story last week sold out within 15 minutes.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 4 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 5 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
The Hampstead Life team said: “Not only was it a reason to dress up, but we were able to meet some of the businesses and individuals that have been involved with Hampstead Mums over the years.
See the full programme of events here