Hampstead mums launch Hampstead Life group to bring community together
- Credit: Archant
A new network designed to strengthen the Hampstead community was launched last week by Hampstead mums.
Hampstead Life will help people living in Hampstead and the surrounding area meet each other, have fun, and form a stronger community through its varied events programme.
It was born out of a social network on Facebook, Hampstead Mums, which has an online community of more than 4,000 people.
Diana Von Rettig (above left) started the Facebook group after she had her first child in 2013 when she noticed a lack of online presence for parents in the area. And so the The Hampstead Mums group began offering advice, recommendations and information to parents local to NW3.
The group has been so successful that Diana, along with Robin Zaragoza (above right) and Jana Blount (above middle), launched Hampstead Life to start bringing these virtual friendships out in the real world.
You may also want to watch:
Nanny experts will offer advice on childcare on October 17, and a comedy night with Taylor Glenn on November 2 will raise money for Cocoon family support.
The Ham&High attended the launch party, held at pop-up store A Luxe Story last week sold out within 15 minutes.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
The Hampstead Life team said: “Not only was it a reason to dress up, but we were able to meet some of the businesses and individuals that have been involved with Hampstead Mums over the years.
See the full programme of events here