Hampstead mums launch Hampstead Life group to bring community together
- Credit: Archant
A new network designed to strengthen the Hampstead community was launched last week by Hampstead mums.
Hampstead Life will help people living in Hampstead and the surrounding area meet each other, have fun, and form a stronger community through its varied events programme.
It was born out of a social network on Facebook, Hampstead Mums, which has an online community of more than 4,000 people.
Diana Von Rettig (above left) started the Facebook group after she had her first child in 2013 when she noticed a lack of online presence for parents in the area. And so the The Hampstead Mums group began offering advice, recommendations and information to parents local to NW3.
The group has been so successful that Diana, along with Robin Zaragoza (above right) and Jana Blount (above middle), launched Hampstead Life to start bringing these virtual friendships out in the real world.
You may also want to watch:
Nanny experts will offer advice on childcare on October 17, and a comedy night with Taylor Glenn on November 2 will raise money for Cocoon family support.
The Ham&High attended the launch party, held at pop-up store A Luxe Story last week sold out within 15 minutes.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
The Hampstead Life team said: “Not only was it a reason to dress up, but we were able to meet some of the businesses and individuals that have been involved with Hampstead Mums over the years.
See the full programme of events here