Hampstead man left with critical head injuries
A MAN found with critical head injuries in Hampstead has been put into an induced coma in hospital so he can be treated.
The alarm was raised yesterday shortly before 8pm when the man, aged approximately 45-50, was discovered lying injured at 181 West Heath Road.
Police have yet to find out his identity and do not expect to be able to question him for at least two days assuming he makes a full recovery after hospital treatment.
Two men, who were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault, have been taken to a north London police station where they are currently being held.
Det Insp Jamie Stevenson of Barnet police said: “We are very much in the early stages of this enquiry and we are keeping an open mind into how this man was injured.
You may also want to watch:
“But I can assure residents that we will deliver the meticulous investigation that they will expect. I would urge any person who has any information about this incident, no matter how trivial they may think it might be, to contact police in complete confidence.”
There is nothing to indicate comprehensively at this stage whether the man’s injuries were caused by an accident or an assault.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
It appears the house had been boarded up and was being used as a squat, but police are still making enquiries into the victim’s relationship to the premises. The victim remains in a critical condition today.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 0300-123 1212 or Crime Stoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555 111 and quote reference number 2425202/10.