Car collides with moped-riding delivery driver in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police were called just before 10pm yesterday after a delivery rider was hit by a car at the junction between South End Road and South Hill Park in Hampstead.
Police were called just before 10pm yesterday after a delivery driver was hit by a black Nissan at the junction between South End Road and South Hill Park in Hampstead.
According to witnesses, at around 9.40 the moped-riding delivery driver was hit by the car, whose driver then fled the scene at speed before abandoning the vehicle on Parliament Hill.
The moped-rider was left with what appeared to be serious injuries, but the exact nature of his condition is currently unknown.
The crash occurred outside of popular restaurants Mimmo La Bufala and Paradise Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Wasel Ali, the manager of Indian restaurant Paradise Hampstead, told the Ham&High: “We heard the noise and just rushed outside. The delivery chap was on the ground and his injuries looked serious, he wasn’t able to move his arms or legs. Luckily a paramedic was passing and he was able to give him first aid.”
“It was a real shock. There were 20 to 30 people outside, some of our customers were crying at the horror of it.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen
The police confirmed that they and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene before recovering the car an hour later.