Hampstead Heath toilets to reopen in time for weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Heath bosses are planning to reopen some toilets ahead of the coming weekend.
The City of London Corporation (CoLC) confirmed that, as lockdown continues to ease, it would be bringing back limited toilet facilities for Heath-users.
This comes after public toilets on the Heath have been closed for the duration of lockdown, with hot weather seeing reports of vistors urinating and even defecating in woodland areas.
One observer described that “parts of the Heath had become an open sewer”.
A CoLC spokesperson said: “We are intending to open the toilets in a limited capacity ready for this coming weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
Previously during lockdown the CoLC has said it has been unsafe to open the toilets while ensuring its staff and visitors are able to observe social distancing.
Initiatives like Lockdown Loo – which maps open toilets for public use around the country - have highlighted places people have been able to safely spend a penny.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
Near the Heath, this has included Swain’s Lane restaurant the Carob Tree, while the toilets next to Kenwood House’s cafe recently reopened.