Lucky husband finds lost wedding ring in Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond – with help of wetsuit and metal detector
- Credit: Archant
Last week an unknown man with a metal detector and a wetsuit somehow found a lost wedding ring in the Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond.
The man found the ring after several days of searching at around 1pm on October 1, according to an eyewitness who was swimming in the pond.
Regular swimmer Amanda Penaranda told this newspaper: “I was swimming in the Mixed Pond and I noticed a man dressed oddly holding a metal detector-type thing. At first I assumed he was working for the City.
READ MORE: Hampstead Heath Ladies’ Pond closed again“But just as I was getting out I heard a big shriek saying ‘I’ve found it!’.”
Amanda said that on her way out of the pond after swimming others explained how the mysterious husband had been searching for four days.
Heath bosses explained that the man was a “regular experienced swimmer” who had lost the ring a week earlier and returned to find it.
You may also want to watch:
Are you the man who lost – and found – his wedding ring in the Mixed Pond? Or are you his partner? Contact the newsdesk on 07785616237 or email Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!