Lucky husband finds lost wedding ring in Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond – with help of wetsuit and metal detector
- Credit: Archant
Last week an unknown man with a metal detector and a wetsuit somehow found a lost wedding ring in the Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond.
The man found the ring after several days of searching at around 1pm on October 1, according to an eyewitness who was swimming in the pond.
Regular swimmer Amanda Penaranda told this newspaper: “I was swimming in the Mixed Pond and I noticed a man dressed oddly holding a metal detector-type thing. At first I assumed he was working for the City.
READ MORE: Hampstead Heath Ladies’ Pond closed again“But just as I was getting out I heard a big shriek saying ‘I’ve found it!’.”
Amanda said that on her way out of the pond after swimming others explained how the mysterious husband had been searching for four days.
Heath bosses explained that the man was a “regular experienced swimmer” who had lost the ring a week earlier and returned to find it.
Are you the man who lost – and found – his wedding ring in the Mixed Pond? Or are you his partner? Contact the newsdesk on 07785616237 or email Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 8 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden