Lucky husband finds lost wedding ring in Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond – with help of wetsuit and metal detector
- Credit: Archant
Last week an unknown man with a metal detector and a wetsuit somehow found a lost wedding ring in the Hampstead Heath Mixed Pond.
The man found the ring after several days of searching at around 1pm on October 1, according to an eyewitness who was swimming in the pond.
Regular swimmer Amanda Penaranda told this newspaper: “I was swimming in the Mixed Pond and I noticed a man dressed oddly holding a metal detector-type thing. At first I assumed he was working for the City.
READ MORE: Hampstead Heath Ladies’ Pond closed again“But just as I was getting out I heard a big shriek saying ‘I’ve found it!’.”
Amanda said that on her way out of the pond after swimming others explained how the mysterious husband had been searching for four days.
Heath bosses explained that the man was a “regular experienced swimmer” who had lost the ring a week earlier and returned to find it.
You may also want to watch:
Are you the man who lost – and found – his wedding ring in the Mixed Pond? Or are you his partner? Contact the newsdesk on 07785616237 or email Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge