Hampstead Heath men’s bathing pond closed after teenager dies swimming
- Credit: Archant
The Hampstead Heath Men’s Pond will be closed until 7am tomorrow after the body of a teenager was discovered late last night.
Police were called to the bathing pond at about 5.30pm after reports that a 19-year-old was “in difficulty”.
Specialist officers from the Marine Policing Unit attended and his body was recovered from the water shortly before 11pm.
The City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, sent out a statement on Twitter this morning stating: “The Men’s Pond will not be open today or for the foreseeable few days owing to a Metropolitan Police investigation. 1/2.”
It then tweeted: “Men wishing to swim today will be able to do so at the Parliament Hill Lido 2/2.”
You may also want to watch:
But it has this afternoon sent out further Tweets stating that the pond will re-open as normal tomorrow.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action