Hampstead Heath guerilla artist returns: Runner spots more mystery cubes in the trees
- Credit: Archant
A mystery guerilla artist has struck on the Heath for a second time.
In December, an array of cascading wooden cubes were spotted in a tree on the route between Kenwood House and Parliament Hill on the Heath – and now a second, neater, set of bricks have been discovered in another tree.
This second tree, is also just up from the mixed bathing ponds and was spotted by a woman on run during lockdown. Tetyana Chemerynska told this newspaper: “Hampstead heath has proven to be a sanctuary for me in this time of Covid-19.
“I noticed this unusual installation piece which is slightly hidden during one of my morning runs.
“It certainly caught my eye. I hope to discover more of these unusual works which bring joy and wonder in what is proving to be a very testing time.”
You may also want to watch:
No-one has yet, it is believed, publicly owned up to creating the artwork.
The City of London Corporation, who manage the Heath, have been contacted for comment.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
Can you shed light on the mystery art installations? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk