City of London Corporation announces new boss for Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
There is a new woman in charge of Hampstead Heath.
Anne Fairweather has replaced Karina Dostalova as chair of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park Management Committee. Ms Dostalova had been at the helm for three years, and will now become swap jobs with Ms Fairweather, who has served as deputy chair of the committee which looks after the three open spaces.
It also includes representatives from local civic society groups and Barnet and Camden councils.
Ms Fairweather said: “The value of having space to relax and exercise in has been highlighted over recent months. From listening to gentle bird song to finding a favourite tree, we’ve all been drawn to green spaces.
“The Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park are some of London’s best, welcoming communities from across London and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Fairweather works for Nationwide Building Society and was elected to represent the City’s Tower ward as an independent in 2016.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again