City of London Corporation announces new boss for Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
There is a new woman in charge of Hampstead Heath.
Anne Fairweather has replaced Karina Dostalova as chair of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park Management Committee. Ms Dostalova had been at the helm for three years, and will now become swap jobs with Ms Fairweather, who has served as deputy chair of the committee which looks after the three open spaces.
It also includes representatives from local civic society groups and Barnet and Camden councils.
Ms Fairweather said: “The value of having space to relax and exercise in has been highlighted over recent months. From listening to gentle bird song to finding a favourite tree, we’ve all been drawn to green spaces.
“The Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park are some of London’s best, welcoming communities from across London and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Fairweather works for Nationwide Building Society and was elected to represent the City’s Tower ward as an independent in 2016.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill