City of London Corporation announces new boss for Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
There is a new woman in charge of Hampstead Heath.
Anne Fairweather has replaced Karina Dostalova as chair of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park Management Committee. Ms Dostalova had been at the helm for three years, and will now become swap jobs with Ms Fairweather, who has served as deputy chair of the committee which looks after the three open spaces.
It also includes representatives from local civic society groups and Barnet and Camden councils.
Ms Fairweather said: “The value of having space to relax and exercise in has been highlighted over recent months. From listening to gentle bird song to finding a favourite tree, we’ve all been drawn to green spaces.
“The Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park are some of London’s best, welcoming communities from across London and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Fairweather works for Nationwide Building Society and was elected to represent the City’s Tower ward as an independent in 2016.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient