Hampstead Heath brawl: Four charged with assaulting police after fight in Parliament Hill Fields
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
Four young people have been charged with offences including assaulting police officers after the mass brawl on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening.
Three females and one male were arrested and charged with assaulting police officers and common assault, while a fifth man was released “under investigation”.
In a statement, Sgt John Hounsell who leads the local ward policing for Hampstead and Highgate said “five police officers were assaulted”.
Sgt Hounsell said that “increasingly hostile” behaviour by some of the group saw the officers call for back-up.
He said though the officers’ initial concerns had been adherence to social distancing rules, but fights soon broke out among the crowd, and officers were also allegedly attacked.
You may also want to watch:
The officer urged young people to continue to observe social distancing and not gather in groups of more than six people, and said: “Antisocial and violent behaviour will not be tolerated.”
- 1 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 2 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 3 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 4 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 10 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies