Hampstead Heath brawl: Four charged with assaulting police after fight in Parliament Hill Fields
- Credit: Kenza Bryan
Four young people have been charged with offences including assaulting police officers after the mass brawl on Hampstead Heath on Tuesday evening.
Three females and one male were arrested and charged with assaulting police officers and common assault, while a fifth man was released “under investigation”.
In a statement, Sgt John Hounsell who leads the local ward policing for Hampstead and Highgate said “five police officers were assaulted”.
Sgt Hounsell said that “increasingly hostile” behaviour by some of the group saw the officers call for back-up.
He said though the officers’ initial concerns had been adherence to social distancing rules, but fights soon broke out among the crowd, and officers were also allegedly attacked.
You may also want to watch:
The officer urged young people to continue to observe social distancing and not gather in groups of more than six people, and said: “Antisocial and violent behaviour will not be tolerated.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate