Hampstead Heath ponds reopening date confirmed by City of London
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds and Parliament Hill Lido will reopen on March 29.
The City of London Corporation confirmed the news today (February 23) after the government announced the gradual easing of Covid restrictions on Monday.
All outdoor sports facilities including swimming pools will be able to reopen from March 29.
The CoLC said its capacity would be limited during the ponds and lido’s initial reopening, and asked all swimmers to respect its safety arrangements.
Anne Fairweather, chair of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “We’re delighted to have a date set for the reopening of our swimming and outdoor sports facilities on the Heath, after the Government announced plans to ease restrictions yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“I know this is welcome news to the hundreds of thousands of Londoners who use them every year.”
Swimming bookings will be made online, or over the phone for people who cannot book via the internet.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Season ticket wristbands can be used for pre-booked and capped free flow sessions.