Hampstead Heath ponds reopening date confirmed by City of London
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds and Parliament Hill Lido will reopen on March 29.
The City of London Corporation confirmed the news today (February 23) after the government announced the gradual easing of Covid restrictions on Monday.
All outdoor sports facilities including swimming pools will be able to reopen from March 29.
The CoLC said its capacity would be limited during the ponds and lido’s initial reopening, and asked all swimmers to respect its safety arrangements.
Anne Fairweather, chair of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “We’re delighted to have a date set for the reopening of our swimming and outdoor sports facilities on the Heath, after the Government announced plans to ease restrictions yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“I know this is welcome news to the hundreds of thousands of Londoners who use them every year.”
Swimming bookings will be made online, or over the phone for people who cannot book via the internet.
- 1 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 2 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 4 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 5 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
- 6 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 7 Hundreds of trees planted in new Highgate project
- 8 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 9 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 10 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
Season ticket wristbands can be used for pre-booked and capped free flow sessions.