Hampstead Heath ponds reopening date confirmed by City of London
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds and Parliament Hill Lido will reopen on March 29.
The City of London Corporation confirmed the news today (February 23) after the government announced the gradual easing of Covid restrictions on Monday.
All outdoor sports facilities including swimming pools will be able to reopen from March 29.
The CoLC said its capacity would be limited during the ponds and lido’s initial reopening, and asked all swimmers to respect its safety arrangements.
Anne Fairweather, chair of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “We’re delighted to have a date set for the reopening of our swimming and outdoor sports facilities on the Heath, after the Government announced plans to ease restrictions yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“I know this is welcome news to the hundreds of thousands of Londoners who use them every year.”
Swimming bookings will be made online, or over the phone for people who cannot book via the internet.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
Season ticket wristbands can be used for pre-booked and capped free flow sessions.