Hampstead Garden Suburb community raise £5,000 for war veterans charity
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Hampstead Garden Suburb residents have celebrated raising over £5,000 through an annual community charity day.
The annual Winter Fair, held in November at the Free Church Hall, in Northway, the Suburb, raised £5,123 for mental health charity Combat Stress to support war veterans.
Members of the Winter Fair committee gathered at the Free Church Hall earlier this month to hand over a cheque for the funds raised to Josephine Grace, a volunteer community fundraising manager for Combat Stress.
They were joined by former BBC war reporter and MP Martin Bell.
Mr Bell, a Suburb resident, cuts the ribbon at the fair each year.
You may also want to watch:
In November, more than 300 residents attended the fair, which offered stalls selling jewellery, crafts, homemade cakes, collectables and Christmas cards.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans