Hampstead Festival: Revellers flock to Big Fair and Keats House
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked to the final events of the Hampstead Summer Festival over the weekend.
Heath Street was packed with visitors to the Big Fair on Sunday, drawn by the mix of street food, family attractions and live music. There were also donkeys and birds of prey to entertain children along with fairground rides.
Keats House was the venue for a summer garden party on Saturday.
Author and illustrator Fabi Santiago enthralled the assembled guests with a reading from her book “Tiger in A Tutu”,
Hampstead estate agent Els Bauer, who organised the week-long festival, said: “People were pouring in even before the event officially opened.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather was in our favour too, with blue skies and sunshine – people just love this event!”
Martin Christie, who was manning a stall at the fair called Exercise with Friends, said: “Well done for another great festival – see you next year!”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid