Hampstead Festival: Revellers flock to Big Fair and Keats House
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked to the final events of the Hampstead Summer Festival over the weekend.
Heath Street was packed with visitors to the Big Fair on Sunday, drawn by the mix of street food, family attractions and live music. There were also donkeys and birds of prey to entertain children along with fairground rides.
Keats House was the venue for a summer garden party on Saturday.
Author and illustrator Fabi Santiago enthralled the assembled guests with a reading from her book “Tiger in A Tutu”,
Hampstead estate agent Els Bauer, who organised the week-long festival, said: “People were pouring in even before the event officially opened.
“The weather was in our favour too, with blue skies and sunshine – people just love this event!”
Martin Christie, who was manning a stall at the fair called Exercise with Friends, said: “Well done for another great festival – see you next year!”
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box