Hampstead fair attracts the crowds
Rain and grey clouds failed to dampen the spirits of fair goers on Hampstead Heath.
Families and groups of friends visited the Heath over the bank holiday weekend, despite the showers.
Small children smiled triumphantly on the merry-go-round while adults screamed with delight on the big wheel.
But not everyone is in favour of the fair, which traditionally visits the Heath during bank holiday weekends.
Rodney Vasman, who owns Vasman Vets in South End Road, believes it detracts from the beauty and tranquillity of the Heath.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It doesn’t enhance the area, it detracts from the natural beauty of the Heath. I’d rather see something smaller and unique which is consistent with the area than some run of the mill fairground.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52