Hampstead fair attracts the crowds
Rain and grey clouds failed to dampen the spirits of fair goers on Hampstead Heath.
Families and groups of friends visited the Heath over the bank holiday weekend, despite the showers.
Small children smiled triumphantly on the merry-go-round while adults screamed with delight on the big wheel.
But not everyone is in favour of the fair, which traditionally visits the Heath during bank holiday weekends.
Rodney Vasman, who owns Vasman Vets in South End Road, believes it detracts from the beauty and tranquillity of the Heath.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It doesn’t enhance the area, it detracts from the natural beauty of the Heath. I’d rather see something smaller and unique which is consistent with the area than some run of the mill fairground.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'