Hampstead fair attracts the crowds
Rain and grey clouds failed to dampen the spirits of fair goers on Hampstead Heath.
Families and groups of friends visited the Heath over the bank holiday weekend, despite the showers.
Small children smiled triumphantly on the merry-go-round while adults screamed with delight on the big wheel.
But not everyone is in favour of the fair, which traditionally visits the Heath during bank holiday weekends.
Rodney Vasman, who owns Vasman Vets in South End Road, believes it detracts from the beauty and tranquillity of the Heath.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It doesn’t enhance the area, it detracts from the natural beauty of the Heath. I’d rather see something smaller and unique which is consistent with the area than some run of the mill fairground.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers