Hampstead fair attracts the crowds
Rain and grey clouds failed to dampen the spirits of fair goers on Hampstead Heath.
Families and groups of friends visited the Heath over the bank holiday weekend, despite the showers.
Small children smiled triumphantly on the merry-go-round while adults screamed with delight on the big wheel.
But not everyone is in favour of the fair, which traditionally visits the Heath during bank holiday weekends.
Rodney Vasman, who owns Vasman Vets in South End Road, believes it detracts from the beauty and tranquillity of the Heath.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It doesn’t enhance the area, it detracts from the natural beauty of the Heath. I’d rather see something smaller and unique which is consistent with the area than some run of the mill fairground.”
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation