Young Hampstead blogger wins chance to travel the world to find globe’s best dater
- Credit: Archant
A young Hampstead woman has beaten more than 750 hopefuls to a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” that will see her sent around the world to date men from different cultures and pick up the world’s best dating tips.
Single blogger Laila Swann, 23, has accepted a job as a “date explorer” after winning a competition run by one of the world’s largest dating companies, Match.com.
The role, described by the company as “the first position of its kind”, will see the former Hampstead School pupil travel the globe dating men and investigating other dating cultures to pick up tips to pass onto British singles.
Jetting off on an all-expenses paid trip next Wednesday, she will be travelling first to New York – said to be the “capital of the global dating scene”.
Her six-week journey will then see her jump on a plane to Rio de Janeiro, before heading back to Europe for romance in Rome.
You may also want to watch:
She will then experience the “city of love” in a trip to Paris before ending her sojourn with some “laid-back” Scandanavian dating in Stockholm.
Documenting her journey along the way with photos, videos and online blog posts, Ms Swann will be tasked with attending special dating events and interviewing successful daters about dating habits.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
Undaunted by the prospect of having to endure chat-up line after chat-up line, she says she is looking forward to improving British men’s dating skills.
Ms Swann, who lives in Platts Lane and runs a lifestyle blog, said: “I’m over the moon at being picked, so I’ve been busy preparing myself for the job of a lifetime.
“There’s something refreshing about meeting new people from different cultures and backgrounds and finding out what makes them tick. I can’t wait to bring all my findings back.”
Match.com says it advertised for the job after its research found British singles were somewhat lacking in their dating skills.
A survey found just 26 per cent of Britons are considered “good daters” compared to other nationalities.
Kate Taylor, dating expert at Match.com, said: “We are already hugely influenced by other nations in all areas of life, from what we eat and drink, to how we spend our leisure time, so Laila’s findings will be fundamental to how we date in the future.”
You can follow Ms Swann’s trip, and hear the best dating tips she’s found, on her Twitter @lailablogs.