Hampstead army corporal who served in Afghanistan named reservist of the year
- Credit: None
A Hampstead army corporal has been named Volunteer Reservist of the Year at an awards ceremony in Bloomsbury.
Cpl Pamela French, 37, who works at a financial consultancy in the City of London, received the award for proving herself “totally committed, unashamedly loyal and overwhelmingly capable”.
Ms French said: “I am surprised and flattered. I have met so many amazing volunteer reservists in the time I have served.
“I’m not sure I deserve to have been nominated, let alone shortlisted.”
Cpl French has been a member of the Army Reserve since 2007, stationed in Hampstead, and is part of the 3rd Battalion Military Intelligence Corps.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010, she completed a tour of duty in Afghanistan, where she worked as an operational intelligence analyst.
The award she received, the Cobra Trophy, will be retained for a year by her unit, while Cpl French will be allowed to keep a replica, as well as a “generous cash prize”.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 9 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
The title was awarded by the Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association for Greater London.