Meet the page three guys! Hampstead and Westminster Hockey Club pose naked for charity calendar
- Credit: Archant
It’s the titillating Christmas calendar that shows Hampstead and Westminster Hockey Club’s first team players and their trophies as you’ve never seen them before.
The brave boys bared all as they stripped for a naked calendar that uses hockey sticks, shin pads and silver cups to protect their modesty - and our blushes.
First team captain Toby Roche, 26, a solicitor, who is photographed looking out of a window revealing his naked back and lower body, said: “We saw that the French international rugby team had done a naked calendar and a lady who plays for the First Team 11, who’s a brilliant photographer, gave us direction on how and where to stand.
“There are some more artistic photos and there are more risque ones. I’ve got a shirt on, but a lot of the others are completely starkers.
“There’s a couple of people with pants on, but largely it’s fully in the buff with everything covered up that needs to be covered up.”
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen of the first team, which includes three Olympians, took part in the charity photo shoot.
It was the brainchild of ladies first team player and professional photographer Helen Cathcart.
The 34-year-old said: “It was in some really twisted way my idea, which back-fired awfully.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
“I was joking saying to all the girls in my team that we needed to get photographs of the men naked and we could do a calendar.
“It was a complete joke but one of the guys in the team said ‘Yeah, let’s do it’, and so it happened.
“I don’t normally shoot this sort of thing, I shoot cook books and travel features mostly, not naked calendars.”
The pictures were shot in five minutes each very quickly in one tiny room in the clubhouse.
Of the 350 calendars, printed by Geoff Neal Litho, 100 have already been sold.
At £10 each the team hope it will be the perfect stocking filler while also raising money for the club’s pitch fund and for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research Foundation helping to fund research into blood cancer.
The charity was chosen as Martin Scanlon, the hockey-playing brother of former Hampstead and Westminster player Ian Scanlon, has been battling the rare disease for two years and the team wanted to support him in his ongoing fight.
The calendar is available from Paddington Sports Club in Maida Vale or via ebay