Hampstead and Highgate’s budding singers can strut their stuff on stage in a search for a star
Camden is a borough steeped in musical heritage – and now it is on the hunt for the next big star.
Budding singers are getting the chance to win a day’s session at a top recording studio in a music competition.
The Search for a Star competition, run by Finchley Road’s O2 Centre in collaboration with the Ham&High, is urging musical residents to pick up their guitars and microphones and submit a two minute snippet of their music talent.
A selection of the best entries will be asked to busk their way to success at the O2 centre on either Saturday, July 7 and Saturday 14.
At the centre, they will be given a 15 minute busking slot to impress shoppers with their performance.
You may also want to watch:
The busker who raises the most money will be crowned winner of the O2 Centre’s Search for a Star. All the money raised will go to the MS Society.
Centre manager Jason King comments ‘There’s so much music talent in North London, you only have to hop on the underground to hear some fantastic musicians busking.
- 1 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
“We’d like to give local musicians the recognition they deserve and showcase their talent at the O2 centre.
“Also it’s a great opportunity for them to win a fantastic studio prize, as well as being part of a worthy cause by helping us to raise money for the MS Society.”
The closing date for entries is July 2, to enter send a short sound recording to email@example.com or for information about posting entries visit www.o2centre.co.uk
Or post a two minute DVD recording with your name, date of birth, address and telephone number to o2’s Search for a Star, Pegasus Public Relations Ltd, Ridgeworth House Liverpool Gardens Worthing West Sussex.