Photos: Christmas festivities around Hampstead and Highgate
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Families around Hampstead and Highgate were treated to some Christmas magic over the weekend.
At St Michael’s Church children and parents enjoyed nativity-themed crafts including Christingle oranges, cards, baubles, biscuits and cups.
At Lauderdale House Father Christmas paid a special visit to see children for the annual Santa’s Grotto.
At Hampstead Community Centre those in need of buying some festive presents were treated to a special Christmas-themed market.
The event involving vintage and “pre-loved” clothes, run by Amanda Wright, is hosted on the second Sunday of every month.
And at Muswell Hillbilly the brewery hosted the Avenue Mews Christmas carols, featuring the London Metropolitan Brass Band.
Rev Matt Lunn from Muswell Hill Methodist Church said it was good to “raise a glass to the true meaning of Christmas”.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised