Ham&High to host online volunteering forum
- Credit: Archant
On Monday, August 10 the Ham&High is hosting a Zoom discussion for volunteers, community groups, service users and other residents about the current situation in north London.
“We have reached the limit of what we can do to open up society,” chief medical officer Chris Whitty said last week as the government put the breaks on our emergence from lockdown.
It is clear from the scientists that we are still in this pandemic and it is clear from businesses that we are in a recession.
What we hear from the volunteers who have spent the last four and a half months doing amazing work, helping people in their communities, is that there are many of families in need of help, with more people finding themselves struggling as jobs are lost.
We’re hosting an online event on Monday, August 10 to discuss the situation for north London’s groups and the people they help.
You may also want to watch:
The threat of a second wave of Covid-19 still very real and we want to hear from people in the community who have been supported over these months, volunteers, community organisers, healthcare professionals and anyone else who wants to join the discussion.
It will be a fairly free-flowing chat about the issues faced.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
To join us on Monday, August 10 at 5.30pm, simply drop an email to email@example.com and we’ll send you a Zoom link and password that lunchtime.