Ham&High to host online volunteering forum
- Credit: Archant
On Monday, August 10 the Ham&High is hosting a Zoom discussion for volunteers, community groups, service users and other residents about the current situation in north London.
“We have reached the limit of what we can do to open up society,” chief medical officer Chris Whitty said last week as the government put the breaks on our emergence from lockdown.
It is clear from the scientists that we are still in this pandemic and it is clear from businesses that we are in a recession.
What we hear from the volunteers who have spent the last four and a half months doing amazing work, helping people in their communities, is that there are many of families in need of help, with more people finding themselves struggling as jobs are lost.
We’re hosting an online event on Monday, August 10 to discuss the situation for north London’s groups and the people they help.
You may also want to watch:
The threat of a second wave of Covid-19 still very real and we want to hear from people in the community who have been supported over these months, volunteers, community organisers, healthcare professionals and anyone else who wants to join the discussion.
It will be a fairly free-flowing chat about the issues faced.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
To join us on Monday, August 10 at 5.30pm, simply drop an email to email@example.com and we’ll send you a Zoom link and password that lunchtime.