Ham&High’s appeal for your memories of the Queen to mark the Diamond Jubilee
The Queen has made a number of trips to Hampstead and Highgate during her 60-year reign – and we want you to send in your pictures and memories of those visits for our jubilee special.
Queen Elizabeth II, who succeeded to the throne in 1952, is marking six decades as monarch with a tour of the country which is culminating in a weekend of celebrations dedicated to her Diamond Jubilee from Saturday, June 2, until Tuesday, June 4.
We here at the Ham&High know there are many events planned in Hampstead and Highgate to mark the occasion and we want to create a supplement for readers to pull out and keep.
We need your memories and pictures from the last 60 years – whether they are of the Queen’s visit to the borough during the Golden Jubilee in 2002, or any of the other times she visited the area.
We also want to hear about where you were during the 1953 coronation, or the street parties held in Hampstead or Highgate to mark the Silver Jubilee in 1977, or what you are planning to do to mark the occasion this year.
You may also want to watch:
You can get in contact by calling 020 7433 6215, emailing email@example.com or head over to Twitter and find us @hamandhigh
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'