Ham&High’s appeal for your memories of the Queen to mark the Diamond Jubilee
The Queen has made a number of trips to Hampstead and Highgate during her 60-year reign – and we want you to send in your pictures and memories of those visits for our jubilee special.
Queen Elizabeth II, who succeeded to the throne in 1952, is marking six decades as monarch with a tour of the country which is culminating in a weekend of celebrations dedicated to her Diamond Jubilee from Saturday, June 2, until Tuesday, June 4.
We here at the Ham&High know there are many events planned in Hampstead and Highgate to mark the occasion and we want to create a supplement for readers to pull out and keep.
We need your memories and pictures from the last 60 years – whether they are of the Queen’s visit to the borough during the Golden Jubilee in 2002, or any of the other times she visited the area.
We also want to hear about where you were during the 1953 coronation, or the street parties held in Hampstead or Highgate to mark the Silver Jubilee in 1977, or what you are planning to do to mark the occasion this year.
You may also want to watch:
You can get in contact by calling 020 7433 6215, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or head over to Twitter and find us @hamandhigh
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation