Ham&High Podcast series two opens with Highgate actor Linus Karp
- Credit: Archant/Dave BirdDave Bird
The Ham&High Podcast returns this week for a second series, opening with a chat with a Highgate actor who also works at Jacksons Lane Arts Centre.
Linus Karp follows previous podcast guests including Juliet Stevenson, Esther Rantzen and MP Catherine West – with big names from the worlds of politics and entertainment lined up for future episodes.
Linus's latest show was How to Live a Jellicle Life: Life Lessons from the 2019 Hit Movie Musical Cats – created as a "silly, fun show" to give the audience some respite from the "worst year ever".
It was also written out of genuine affection for the much-maligned film ("If you're listening Tom, if you need someone for Cats 2...").
He said there has been a lot of disappointment at how the arts have been treated by the government when looking at financial support packages during the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
"Obviously they started very late promising money which then took a long time to go out and only reached certain organisations," he said. "And there are loads of people like freelancers, like me, who often fall through the cracks."
Subscribe to the podcast at https://podfollow.com/hamhigh/ or by searching your favoured app.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago