Ham&High Podcast series two opens with Highgate actor Linus Karp
- Credit: Archant/Dave BirdDave Bird
The Ham&High Podcast returns this week for a second series, opening with a chat with a Highgate actor who also works at Jacksons Lane Arts Centre.
Linus Karp follows previous podcast guests including Juliet Stevenson, Esther Rantzen and MP Catherine West – with big names from the worlds of politics and entertainment lined up for future episodes.
Linus's latest show was How to Live a Jellicle Life: Life Lessons from the 2019 Hit Movie Musical Cats – created as a "silly, fun show" to give the audience some respite from the "worst year ever".
It was also written out of genuine affection for the much-maligned film ("If you're listening Tom, if you need someone for Cats 2...").
He said there has been a lot of disappointment at how the arts have been treated by the government when looking at financial support packages during the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
"Obviously they started very late promising money which then took a long time to go out and only reached certain organisations," he said. "And there are loads of people like freelancers, like me, who often fall through the cracks."
Subscribe to the podcast at https://podfollow.com/hamhigh/ or by searching your favoured app.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates