Ham&High nominates Hampstead and Kilburn candidates for ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High has joined a global community of fundraisers by hosting its own ice bucket challenge and nominating Hampstead and Kilburn’s three parliamentary candidates to do the same.
Reporter Tim Lamden, who is also the Ham&High’s politics correspondent, was doused with a bucket of iced water by editor Geoff Martin outside the newspaper’s Charles House office in Finchley Road yesterday.
As part of the fundraiser, which has swept across social media worldwide, Mr Lamden nominated Labour’s Tulip Siddiq, Conservative Cllr Simon Marcus and Liberal Democrat Maajid Nawaz to take on the challenge and donate to the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
The newspaper is currently collecting donations for yesterday’s challenge and will pass the funds onto MNDA in the coming days.
Ham&High editor Geoff Martin said: “We now await videos from Tulip, Simon and Maajid. I’m sure they’ll step up to the plate, it’s time to get wet!”
The ice bucket challenge is the latest internet fad, having been promoted by a multitude of famous personalities, with social media sites such as Facebook overrun by videos of users taking on the challenge.
Its original aim was to raise awareness and money for charities working to fund a cure for motor neurone disease.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 7 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
You can view footage of Mr Lamden’s ice bucket challenge in the video above.