Ham&High nominates Hampstead and Kilburn candidates for ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High has joined a global community of fundraisers by hosting its own ice bucket challenge and nominating Hampstead and Kilburn’s three parliamentary candidates to do the same.
Reporter Tim Lamden, who is also the Ham&High’s politics correspondent, was doused with a bucket of iced water by editor Geoff Martin outside the newspaper’s Charles House office in Finchley Road yesterday.
As part of the fundraiser, which has swept across social media worldwide, Mr Lamden nominated Labour’s Tulip Siddiq, Conservative Cllr Simon Marcus and Liberal Democrat Maajid Nawaz to take on the challenge and donate to the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
The newspaper is currently collecting donations for yesterday’s challenge and will pass the funds onto MNDA in the coming days.
Ham&High editor Geoff Martin said: “We now await videos from Tulip, Simon and Maajid. I’m sure they’ll step up to the plate, it’s time to get wet!”
You may also want to watch:
The ice bucket challenge is the latest internet fad, having been promoted by a multitude of famous personalities, with social media sites such as Facebook overrun by videos of users taking on the challenge.
Its original aim was to raise awareness and money for charities working to fund a cure for motor neurone disease.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
You can view footage of Mr Lamden’s ice bucket challenge in the video above.