Ham&High nominates Hampstead and Kilburn candidates for ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High has joined a global community of fundraisers by hosting its own ice bucket challenge and nominating Hampstead and Kilburn’s three parliamentary candidates to do the same.
Reporter Tim Lamden, who is also the Ham&High’s politics correspondent, was doused with a bucket of iced water by editor Geoff Martin outside the newspaper’s Charles House office in Finchley Road yesterday.
As part of the fundraiser, which has swept across social media worldwide, Mr Lamden nominated Labour’s Tulip Siddiq, Conservative Cllr Simon Marcus and Liberal Democrat Maajid Nawaz to take on the challenge and donate to the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
The newspaper is currently collecting donations for yesterday’s challenge and will pass the funds onto MNDA in the coming days.
Ham&High editor Geoff Martin said: “We now await videos from Tulip, Simon and Maajid. I’m sure they’ll step up to the plate, it’s time to get wet!”
You may also want to watch:
The ice bucket challenge is the latest internet fad, having been promoted by a multitude of famous personalities, with social media sites such as Facebook overrun by videos of users taking on the challenge.
Its original aim was to raise awareness and money for charities working to fund a cure for motor neurone disease.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
You can view footage of Mr Lamden’s ice bucket challenge in the video above.