Ham&High horse romps to victory at Cheltenham
THE Ham&High's favourite Hampstead Garden Suburb thoroughbred romped to victory at the Cheltenham Festival today, overcoming the opposition and odds which placed him at 33-1 before the race. The Ham&High have been following Kayfi, as he s affectionatel
THE Ham&High's favourite Hampstead Garden Suburb thoroughbred romped to victory at the Cheltenham Festival today, overcoming the opposition and odds which placed him at 33-1 before the race.
The Ham&High have been following Kayfi, as he's affectionately known, after interviewing his owner back in 2006.
Isobel Phipps Coltman grew up in Golders Green where her parents still live and was well-known for riding her grey pony Misty alongside the Heath.
Now in adult life she has been unable to lose the racing bug and instead has Kayfi in the stable.
You may also want to watch:
Back in 2006 when Kayfi had yet to win its first race her father Derek Coltman described the support they had for their daughter.
He said: "We are very proud of her. It is a big dream but we always supported it her because you have to have a dream in life.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
"And Misty seems to have entered into local folklore as newcomers to the area still mention the grey pony that used to ride around the neighbourhood."
The family watched Kayf Aramis cross the finish line in the 2.05pm at Cheltenham today (Thursday).