Ham&High horse romps to victory at Cheltenham
THE Ham&High's favourite Hampstead Garden Suburb thoroughbred romped to victory at the Cheltenham Festival today, overcoming the opposition and odds which placed him at 33-1 before the race. The Ham&High have been following Kayfi, as he s affectionatel
THE Ham&High's favourite Hampstead Garden Suburb thoroughbred romped to victory at the Cheltenham Festival today, overcoming the opposition and odds which placed him at 33-1 before the race.
The Ham&High have been following Kayfi, as he's affectionately known, after interviewing his owner back in 2006.
Isobel Phipps Coltman grew up in Golders Green where her parents still live and was well-known for riding her grey pony Misty alongside the Heath.
Now in adult life she has been unable to lose the racing bug and instead has Kayfi in the stable.
You may also want to watch:
Back in 2006 when Kayfi had yet to win its first race her father Derek Coltman described the support they had for their daughter.
He said: "We are very proud of her. It is a big dream but we always supported it her because you have to have a dream in life.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 6 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
"And Misty seems to have entered into local folklore as newcomers to the area still mention the grey pony that used to ride around the neighbourhood."
The family watched Kayf Aramis cross the finish line in the 2.05pm at Cheltenham today (Thursday).