Ham&High Finchley and Golders Green election debate this Thursday
THE aspiring MPs for Finchley and Golders Green will be the first to go head-to-head in the free Ham&High hustings since the announcement of the election for May 6. Conservative Mike Freer will battle in a debate with his opponents Labour s Alison Moore,
THE aspiring MPs for Finchley and Golders Green will be the first to go head-to-head in the free Ham&High hustings since the announcement of the election for May 6.
Conservative Mike Freer will battle in a debate with his opponents Labour's Alison Moore, Liberal Democrat Laura Edge and Green Donald Lyven on Thursday (April 8).
The event is one of few opportunities for debate in the seat which covers areas including East Finchley, Hampstead Garden Suburb and Golders Green.
It takes place at the London Jewish Cultural Centre (LJCC), Ivy House, North End Road in Golders Green.
It starts at 7pm and entry is free.
Our next constituency for the Ham&High hustings trail will be Holborn and St Pancras on Thursday April 15.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 5 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 6 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 7 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 8 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 9 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 10 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
At 8pm at the Highgate Society hall at 10a South Grove, N6 6BS, Frank Dobson will take on his opponents Conservative George Lee, Liberal Democrat Jo Shaw and Green Natalie Bennett.
Entry is again free of charge. We have debates planned for Hampstead and Kilburn for April 22 at the LJCC again and for Hornsey and Wood Green on Wednesday April 28 at Greig City Academy.
The events will all be tweeted live @hamandhigh and will given a full write up and analysis in the following week's paper.
For the latest election coverage in all the Ham&High constituencies and our campaign to get residents out to vote see the paper out this Thursday.