Ham&High Finchley and Golders Green election debate this Thursday
THE aspiring MPs for Finchley and Golders Green will be the first to go head-to-head in the free Ham&High hustings since the announcement of the election for May 6. Conservative Mike Freer will battle in a debate with his opponents Labour s Alison Moore,
THE aspiring MPs for Finchley and Golders Green will be the first to go head-to-head in the free Ham&High hustings since the announcement of the election for May 6.
Conservative Mike Freer will battle in a debate with his opponents Labour's Alison Moore, Liberal Democrat Laura Edge and Green Donald Lyven on Thursday (April 8).
The event is one of few opportunities for debate in the seat which covers areas including East Finchley, Hampstead Garden Suburb and Golders Green.
It takes place at the London Jewish Cultural Centre (LJCC), Ivy House, North End Road in Golders Green.
You may also want to watch:
It starts at 7pm and entry is free.
Our next constituency for the Ham&High hustings trail will be Holborn and St Pancras on Thursday April 15.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
At 8pm at the Highgate Society hall at 10a South Grove, N6 6BS, Frank Dobson will take on his opponents Conservative George Lee, Liberal Democrat Jo Shaw and Green Natalie Bennett.
Entry is again free of charge. We have debates planned for Hampstead and Kilburn for April 22 at the LJCC again and for Hornsey and Wood Green on Wednesday April 28 at Greig City Academy.
The events will all be tweeted live @hamandhigh and will given a full write up and analysis in the following week's paper.
For the latest election coverage in all the Ham&High constituencies and our campaign to get residents out to vote see the paper out this Thursday.