Ham&High commended for editorial excellence at 2014 Newspaper Awards
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High has been commended for its editorial excellence at this week’s 2014 Newspaper Awards.
The 16-strong panel of judges, which viewed around 1,000 entries in a number of print and digital categories from across the UK, commented that it ‘‘looks like a national with strong regional content and community support’’.
The Ham&High was the only London-based newspaper short-listed for UK Weekly Newspaper of the Year, which was won by the Impartial Reporter, based in Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
And the Ham&High also received an unexpected accolade in the form of a ringing endorsement from awards presenter Richard Bacon at last night’s ceremony.
The former Blue Peter presenter told an audience of more than 500 at the Park Lane Hilton: ‘‘It’s nothing to do with me, but I’d give the award to the Ham&High. It’s my local and I [expletive deleted] love it.’’
You may also want to watch:
The Daily Telegraph won the National Newspaper of the Year award and the Regional Daily award went to the Irish News. China Daily won the International Newspaper of the Year accolade.
The Independent on Sunday was Weekend Newspaper of the Year.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash