Ham&High commended for editorial excellence at 2014 Newspaper Awards
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High has been commended for its editorial excellence at this week’s 2014 Newspaper Awards.
The 16-strong panel of judges, which viewed around 1,000 entries in a number of print and digital categories from across the UK, commented that it ‘‘looks like a national with strong regional content and community support’’.
The Ham&High was the only London-based newspaper short-listed for UK Weekly Newspaper of the Year, which was won by the Impartial Reporter, based in Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
And the Ham&High also received an unexpected accolade in the form of a ringing endorsement from awards presenter Richard Bacon at last night’s ceremony.
The former Blue Peter presenter told an audience of more than 500 at the Park Lane Hilton: ‘‘It’s nothing to do with me, but I’d give the award to the Ham&High. It’s my local and I [expletive deleted] love it.’’
You may also want to watch:
The Daily Telegraph won the National Newspaper of the Year award and the Regional Daily award went to the Irish News. China Daily won the International Newspaper of the Year accolade.
The Independent on Sunday was Weekend Newspaper of the Year.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate