Hacker McKinnon should be entitled to stand before British jury
WHAT IS Home Secretary Jacqui Smith doing about the proposed deportation of Mr Gary McKinnon for trial outside the UK? As a Brit he is entitled to be defended by British law and a UK jury. I have written to her to ask her where she going to get a jury of
WHAT IS Home Secretary Jacqui Smith doing about the proposed deportation of Mr Gary McKinnon for trial outside the UK? As a Brit he is entitled to be defended by British law and a UK jury. I have written to her to ask her where she going to get a jury of UK citizens prepared to go to the USA.
In the USA the justice system is divided into four department: a) state police, b) FBI, c) national guard, d) secret service. The most important of the four is d). The secret service was formed by Alan Pinkerton in 1860 for President Abe Lincoln. Its job is to act as bodyguard to preserve the lives of the president and vice president.
Its second most important function is the US Mail, which now includes mostly electronic mail. Now this is what has upset the American secret service - Gary McKinnon was able to intercept information passing through London.
I should hope MI5 knows all that's happening in these our little islands. Now it's time for the US to explain their own conduct.
The days of flying innocent people out of Britain to hidden locations is an abuse of our constitution. It is not written on parchment in blood but on a period of 2,000 years of struggle and we are not about to give it up for a lesser kind of freedom.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
Ferme Park Road, N8