Hacker McKinnon should be entitled to stand before British jury
WHAT IS Home Secretary Jacqui Smith doing about the proposed deportation of Mr Gary McKinnon for trial outside the UK? As a Brit he is entitled to be defended by British law and a UK jury. I have written to her to ask her where she going to get a jury of
WHAT IS Home Secretary Jacqui Smith doing about the proposed deportation of Mr Gary McKinnon for trial outside the UK? As a Brit he is entitled to be defended by British law and a UK jury. I have written to her to ask her where she going to get a jury of UK citizens prepared to go to the USA.
In the USA the justice system is divided into four department: a) state police, b) FBI, c) national guard, d) secret service. The most important of the four is d). The secret service was formed by Alan Pinkerton in 1860 for President Abe Lincoln. Its job is to act as bodyguard to preserve the lives of the president and vice president.
Its second most important function is the US Mail, which now includes mostly electronic mail. Now this is what has upset the American secret service - Gary McKinnon was able to intercept information passing through London.
I should hope MI5 knows all that's happening in these our little islands. Now it's time for the US to explain their own conduct.
You may also want to watch:
The days of flying innocent people out of Britain to hidden locations is an abuse of our constitution. It is not written on parchment in blood but on a period of 2,000 years of struggle and we are not about to give it up for a lesser kind of freedom.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
Ferme Park Road, N8