Gwyneth Paltrow pops into to Hampstead Hospice
HOLLYWOOD actress Gwyneth Paltrow visited Hampstead’s Marie Curie Hospice yesterday to lend her support to the Hampstead Hug Walk.
The Oscar-winning A-lister was given a tour of the hospice by her friend Sarah Wyn-Jones whose husband Gareth was cared for at the hospice last year after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Mother-of-two Ms Wyn-Jones is now organising the Hampstead Hug family walk to raise funds for the hospice which costs �3.5million a year to run.
Gwyneth said: “The staff at the Marie Curie Hospice are amazing and their free care and support to terminally ill people and their families at the worst possible time is truly remarkable.
“I hope that as many people as possible sign up to the Hampstead Hug walk so that the hospice can keep helping more families like my friend Sarah’s.”
Ms Wyn-Jones added: “All of the hospice staff offered such gentle, caring support and I don’t know how we would have coped without them.
“The whole Marie Curie team were incredible – from the medical director to all of the nurses. Marie Curie offered help for the whole family – including the children who had counselling to understand what was happening.”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
The Hampstead Hug walk takes place on Sunday July 3 and participants can choose to walk either three or six miles around Hampstead Health.
The walk costs �10 for adults to enter and �5 for children, and each participant is asked to aim to raise or donate at least �25 for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Anyone interested in signing-up can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 020-7853 3415.