GUNNERS YEARS: Wright wants to stay despite Rioch bust-up
1996: Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career – despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch. I m very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me, he said. It s the end of the
Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career - despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch.
"I'm very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me," he said.
"It's the end of the season and everyone has jumped on me and asked: Are you going? I'm not. I've got three years left on my contract from the start of next season."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham