GUNNERS YEARS: Wright wants to stay despite Rioch bust-up
1996: Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career – despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch. I m very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me, he said. It s the end of the
Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career - despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch.
"I'm very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me," he said.
"It's the end of the season and everyone has jumped on me and asked: Are you going? I'm not. I've got three years left on my contract from the start of next season."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United