GUNNERS YEARS: Wright wants to stay despite Rioch bust-up
1996: Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career – despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch. I m very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me, he said. It s the end of the
Ian Wright said he wanted to stay with Arsenal for the rest of his career - despite a rumoured fall-out with manager Bruce Rioch.
"I'm very happy to stay at the club and they have made it very clear that they want me," he said.
"It's the end of the season and everyone has jumped on me and asked: Are you going? I'm not. I've got three years left on my contract from the start of next season."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial