GUNNERS YEARS: Victory over Luton guarantees top spot
1986: Arsenal were guaranteed top spot at Christmas after a 3-0 win over Luton Town. The Gunners moved five points clear at the top of the Canon League Division One – and extended their unbeaten run to 22 games – but had to wait until 71 minutes to make
Arsenal were guaranteed top spot at Christmas after a 3-0 win over Luton Town.
The Gunners moved five points clear at the top of the Canon League Division One - and extended their unbeaten run to 22 games - but had to wait until 71 minutes to make the breakthrough when Niall Quinn struck.
Tony Adams doubled the lead and Quinn set up Martin Hayes for his tenth of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Manager George Graham said: "I was pleased we were so patient - in 1971 we played many games like that on the way to the championship.
"The spirit is running through the club again like it did when I was in the team."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
And asked by a journalist if substitute Charlie Nicholas had lost weight, the Scotsman quipped: "I don't know - I haven't cuddled him recently.