GUNNERS YEARS: Victory over Luton guarantees top spot
1986: Arsenal were guaranteed top spot at Christmas after a 3-0 win over Luton Town. The Gunners moved five points clear at the top of the Canon League Division One – and extended their unbeaten run to 22 games – but had to wait until 71 minutes to make
Arsenal were guaranteed top spot at Christmas after a 3-0 win over Luton Town.
The Gunners moved five points clear at the top of the Canon League Division One - and extended their unbeaten run to 22 games - but had to wait until 71 minutes to make the breakthrough when Niall Quinn struck.
Tony Adams doubled the lead and Quinn set up Martin Hayes for his tenth of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Manager George Graham said: "I was pleased we were so patient - in 1971 we played many games like that on the way to the championship.
"The spirit is running through the club again like it did when I was in the team."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
And asked by a journalist if substitute Charlie Nicholas had lost weight, the Scotsman quipped: "I don't know - I haven't cuddled him recently.