GUNNERS YEARS: Swede Schwarz signs on dotted line
1994: Arsenal finally sign a midfielder … Benfica s experienced Sweden international Stefan Schwarz agrees to move to Highbury after talks with George Graham, who has been tracking him since he starred for the Portuguese in a 3-1 win at Highbury in 1991.
Arsenal finally sign a midfielder ... Benfica's experienced Sweden international Stefan Schwarz agrees to move to Highbury after talks with George Graham, who has been tracking him since he starred for the Portuguese in a 3-1 win at Highbury in 1991.
'I've decided that I want to play for Arsenal. I am ready to come to London to sign after the Portuguese championship is settled,'' confirms the 25-year-old, who will cost around �1.8 million.
"If he wants a new experience at another of the best teams in Europe then we will not deny him that opportunity,' added Benfica's general secretary Sheu Han.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Uefa confirm that Ian Wright and Johnny Jenson will both recieve medals, despite missing the Cup-Winners'-Cup final win over Parma earlier this month.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab