GUNNERS YEARS: Stunner from Perry Groves ends barren period
1989: League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years. Kevin Kilcline s 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners goalless draw at QPR three days previously. John
League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years.
Kevin Kilcline's 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners' goalless draw at QPR three days previously.
John Lukic had earlier saved Kilcline's first minute spot-kick but the big defender didn't make the same mistake again, blasting his second effort into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
``Coventry are a very good strong side but they got all the major decisions,'' moaned Graham. ``They are one of the best teams we have played. I would have been happy with a draw and I thought we should have had one ... but I'm not allowed to criticize referees.''
Arsenal end a run of three games in seven days, with a 2-0 home win over Luton, Perry Groves - with a stunning overhead kick - and Alan Smith scoring the goals.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue