GUNNERS YEARS: Stunner from Perry Groves ends barren period
1989: League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years. Kevin Kilcline s 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners goalless draw at QPR three days previously. John
League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years.
Kevin Kilcline's 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners' goalless draw at QPR three days previously.
John Lukic had earlier saved Kilcline's first minute spot-kick but the big defender didn't make the same mistake again, blasting his second effort into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
``Coventry are a very good strong side but they got all the major decisions,'' moaned Graham. ``They are one of the best teams we have played. I would have been happy with a draw and I thought we should have had one ... but I'm not allowed to criticize referees.''
Arsenal end a run of three games in seven days, with a 2-0 home win over Luton, Perry Groves - with a stunning overhead kick - and Alan Smith scoring the goals.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate