GUNNERS YEARS: Stunner from Perry Groves ends barren period
1989: League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years. Kevin Kilcline s 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners goalless draw at QPR three days previously. John
League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years.
Kevin Kilcline's 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners' goalless draw at QPR three days previously.
John Lukic had earlier saved Kilcline's first minute spot-kick but the big defender didn't make the same mistake again, blasting his second effort into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
``Coventry are a very good strong side but they got all the major decisions,'' moaned Graham. ``They are one of the best teams we have played. I would have been happy with a draw and I thought we should have had one ... but I'm not allowed to criticize referees.''
Arsenal end a run of three games in seven days, with a 2-0 home win over Luton, Perry Groves - with a stunning overhead kick - and Alan Smith scoring the goals.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned