GUNNERS YEARS: Stunner from Perry Groves ends barren period
1989: League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years. Kevin Kilcline s 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners goalless draw at QPR three days previously. John
League leaders Arsenal have hit poor form as they aim for their first title in 18 years.
Kevin Kilcline's 82nd minute penalty gives Coventry a 1-0 win at Highfield Road, following on from the Gunners' goalless draw at QPR three days previously.
John Lukic had earlier saved Kilcline's first minute spot-kick but the big defender didn't make the same mistake again, blasting his second effort into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
``Coventry are a very good strong side but they got all the major decisions,'' moaned Graham. ``They are one of the best teams we have played. I would have been happy with a draw and I thought we should have had one ... but I'm not allowed to criticize referees.''
Arsenal end a run of three games in seven days, with a 2-0 home win over Luton, Perry Groves - with a stunning overhead kick - and Alan Smith scoring the goals.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers