GUNNERS YEARS: Skipper Rice apprehensive after sixth round draw
1978: FA Cup favourites Arsenal are drawn against either Blyth Spartans or Wrexham in the sixth round of the FA Cup. Ladbrokes cut the Gunners odds from 5/2 to 2/1 after the draw, but skipper Pat Rice is mildly apprehensive. I m sure either club will gi
FA Cup favourites Arsenal are drawn against either Blyth Spartans or Wrexham in the sixth round of the FA Cup.
Ladbrokes cut the Gunners odds from 5/2 to 2/1 after the draw, but skipper Pat Rice is mildly apprehensive.
"I'm sure either club will give us a hard game but if I could have picked a draw it would have been this one," admitted Rice.
You may also want to watch:
"It's got to be better than travelling to Nottingham Forest or Derby County."
Spartans' fifth round home tie with Wrexham, to be played at Newcastle's St James's Park, has been postponed due to heavy snow in the north-east. Arsenal had beaten Walsall 4-1 at home in the previous round - 45 years after the tiny Midlands club had famously knocked Herbert Chapman's Gunners out of the competition.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease