GUNNERS YEARS: Skipper Rice apprehensive after sixth round draw
1978: FA Cup favourites Arsenal are drawn against either Blyth Spartans or Wrexham in the sixth round of the FA Cup. Ladbrokes cut the Gunners odds from 5/2 to 2/1 after the draw, but skipper Pat Rice is mildly apprehensive. I m sure either club will gi
FA Cup favourites Arsenal are drawn against either Blyth Spartans or Wrexham in the sixth round of the FA Cup.
Ladbrokes cut the Gunners odds from 5/2 to 2/1 after the draw, but skipper Pat Rice is mildly apprehensive.
"I'm sure either club will give us a hard game but if I could have picked a draw it would have been this one," admitted Rice.
You may also want to watch:
"It's got to be better than travelling to Nottingham Forest or Derby County."
Spartans' fifth round home tie with Wrexham, to be played at Newcastle's St James's Park, has been postponed due to heavy snow in the north-east. Arsenal had beaten Walsall 4-1 at home in the previous round - 45 years after the tiny Midlands club had famously knocked Herbert Chapman's Gunners out of the competition.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds