GUNNERS YEARS: Robson drops 'tired' Mariner and Rix from England squad
1984: Arsenal duo Paul Mariner and Graham Rix are dropped from the England squad for the forthcoming internationals with Scotland and the Soviet Union. They re very tired and they need a rest, explains England manager Bobby Robson, who has seen his squ
Arsenal duo Paul Mariner and Graham Rix are dropped from the England squad for the forthcoming internationals with Scotland and the Soviet Union.
"They're very tired and they need a rest," explains England manager Bobby Robson, who has seen his squad dilapidated due to injury and tiredness. "There are so many players unavailable it is getting complicated," he added, ruefully.
Meanwhile, Dundee United defender Maurice Malpas is being monitored by Gunners boss Don Howe. Arsenal finish the 1983/84 season in sixth place - two points clear of Spurs - despite slipping to a 1-2 reverse at Watford on the final day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52