GUNNERS YEARS: Rioch blames himself for Chelsea draw
1995: Bruce Rioch blamed himself after two points dropped in the 1-1 home draw with Chelsea. I cocked it up – I was too cautious, admitted the Arsenal manager after he manmarked Dennis Wise and John Spencer to stifle the Blues attacking threat. Spencer
Bruce Rioch blamed himself after two points dropped in the 1-1 home draw with Chelsea.
"I cocked it up - I was too cautious," admitted the Arsenal manager after he manmarked Dennis Wise and John Spencer to stifle the Blues' attacking threat.
Spencer gave Chelsea a first half lead as the Blues dominated the opening 45 minutes with their slick passing, but Rioch made half-time changes and Lee Dixon levelled with two minutes to go as Arsenal finished with ten men after Steve Bould's late dismissal.
You may also want to watch:
"The players have been magnificent for me this season but the previous manager said before the start of this season that it needed a rebuild,'' added Rioch.
"We lost five players in the summer and only signed two - the coaching staff said we were short before.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 9 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally