GUNNERS YEARS: New manager Wenger can't wait to get started
1996: Grampus 8 s Arsene Wenger admitted he was anxious to get started as Arsenal s new manager. The Gunners refused to confirm his imminent arrival, despite previously naming him, but the 46-year-old Frenchman said: I want to be free from my contract so
Grampus 8's Arsene Wenger admitted he was anxious to get started as Arsenal's new manager.
The Gunners refused to confirm his imminent arrival, despite previously naming him, but the 46-year-old Frenchman said: "I want to be free from my contract sooner or later but, as I understand it, Grampus 8 have not got a replacement for me.
"I am hopeful matters can be sorted out and that there will be an announcement in mid-September."
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal, with caretaker boss Stewart Houston at the helm, fought back from 2-0 down to earn a 3-3 draw at home to Chelsea and Wenger added: "I've been keeping a close eye on their results and have had some videos sent over."
Meanwhile, new �3.5m signing Patrick Vieira made a 45 minute appearance in the reserves' 3-0 win over Bournemouth. An impressed reserve manager George Armstrong admitted: "He could be ready for the first team in a couple of weeks.'
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin