GUNNERS YEARS: Neill laments 5-0 mauling at White Hart Lane
1983: A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane. That was simply not good enough – something will have to be done, says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with m
A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane.
"That was simply not good enough - something will have to be done," says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with massive understatement, after seeing his side concede three goals inside the first 18 minutes in front of 43,642 fans.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal forward Jimmy Bloomfield - who scored 54 times in 210 games for the club between 1954 and 1960 - dies of cancer. He was 49.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate