GUNNERS YEARS: Neill laments 5-0 mauling at White Hart Lane
1983: A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane. That was simply not good enough – something will have to be done, says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with m
A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane.
"That was simply not good enough - something will have to be done," says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with massive understatement, after seeing his side concede three goals inside the first 18 minutes in front of 43,642 fans.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal forward Jimmy Bloomfield - who scored 54 times in 210 games for the club between 1954 and 1960 - dies of cancer. He was 49.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines