GUNNERS YEARS: Neill laments 5-0 mauling at White Hart Lane
1983: A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane. That was simply not good enough – something will have to be done, says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with m
A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane.
"That was simply not good enough - something will have to be done," says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with massive understatement, after seeing his side concede three goals inside the first 18 minutes in front of 43,642 fans.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal forward Jimmy Bloomfield - who scored 54 times in 210 games for the club between 1954 and 1960 - dies of cancer. He was 49.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end