GUNNERS YEARS: Neill laments 5-0 mauling at White Hart Lane
1983: A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane. That was simply not good enough – something will have to be done, says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with m
A wretched week for the Gunners as they go down to their heaviest ever defeat in a north London derby after a 0-5 mauling at White Hart Lane.
"That was simply not good enough - something will have to be done," says Arsenal manager Terry Neill with massive understatement, after seeing his side concede three goals inside the first 18 minutes in front of 43,642 fans.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal forward Jimmy Bloomfield - who scored 54 times in 210 games for the club between 1954 and 1960 - dies of cancer. He was 49.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers