GUNNERS YEARS: Linighan's last-gasp strike wins FA Cup
1993: Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley. The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson s deep corner as Arsenal secured the domesti
Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley.
The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson's deep corner as Arsenal secured the domestic cup double, after beating the same opponents in the Coca-Cola Cup final the previous month.
Arsenal manager George Graham paid tribute to Lingihan afterwards: Andy has shown a lot of character after a very difficult time in winning the supporters over."
And he also claimed the game, played in torrential rain, was a marked improvement on the 1-1 draw in the first game.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 3 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 4 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 5 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 6 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 9 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 10 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust