GUNNERS YEARS: Linighan's last-gasp strike wins FA Cup
1993: Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley. The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson s deep corner as Arsenal secured the domesti
Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley.
The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson's deep corner as Arsenal secured the domestic cup double, after beating the same opponents in the Coca-Cola Cup final the previous month.
Arsenal manager George Graham paid tribute to Lingihan afterwards: Andy has shown a lot of character after a very difficult time in winning the supporters over."
You may also want to watch:
And he also claimed the game, played in torrential rain, was a marked improvement on the 1-1 draw in the first game.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17