GUNNERS YEARS: Linighan's last-gasp strike wins FA Cup
1993: Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley. The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson s deep corner as Arsenal secured the domesti
Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley.
The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson's deep corner as Arsenal secured the domestic cup double, after beating the same opponents in the Coca-Cola Cup final the previous month.
Arsenal manager George Graham paid tribute to Lingihan afterwards: Andy has shown a lot of character after a very difficult time in winning the supporters over."
You may also want to watch:
And he also claimed the game, played in torrential rain, was a marked improvement on the 1-1 draw in the first game.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road