GUNNERS YEARS: Linighan's last-gasp strike wins FA Cup
1993: Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley. The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson s deep corner as Arsenal secured the domesti
Andy Linighan scored the winner for Arsenal in the last minute of extra time as they beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup final replay at Wembley.
The former Norwich defender headed home Paul Merson's deep corner as Arsenal secured the domestic cup double, after beating the same opponents in the Coca-Cola Cup final the previous month.
Arsenal manager George Graham paid tribute to Lingihan afterwards: Andy has shown a lot of character after a very difficult time in winning the supporters over."
You may also want to watch:
And he also claimed the game, played in torrential rain, was a marked improvement on the 1-1 draw in the first game.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council