GUNNERS YEARS: Le Tissier downs Arsenal with 'the perfect strike'
2001: Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier s injury time strike was perfect as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell. The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give th
Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier's injury time strike was ''perfect'' as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell.
The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give the hosts a perfect send-off before moving to a new 30,000-seater stadium.
Wenger, whose side had led twice through Ashley Cole and Fredrik Ljungberg, says: "The goal was quality - but very frustrating. He reminds me of Michel Platini.
You may also want to watch:
"The Dell's always been a tough place to come to - when they move to a bigger stadium with a bigger pitch, they may find less fear from the opponents as well.
"No matter how good Southampton are, you know you will be playing against Southampton and the crowd here."
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen