GUNNERS YEARS: Le Tissier downs Arsenal with 'the perfect strike'
2001: Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier s injury time strike was perfect as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell. The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give th
Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier's injury time strike was ''perfect'' as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell.
The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give the hosts a perfect send-off before moving to a new 30,000-seater stadium.
Wenger, whose side had led twice through Ashley Cole and Fredrik Ljungberg, says: "The goal was quality - but very frustrating. He reminds me of Michel Platini.
"The Dell's always been a tough place to come to - when they move to a bigger stadium with a bigger pitch, they may find less fear from the opponents as well.
"No matter how good Southampton are, you know you will be playing against Southampton and the crowd here."
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 10 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination