GUNNERS YEARS: Le Tissier downs Arsenal with 'the perfect strike'
2001: Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier s injury time strike was perfect as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell. The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give th
Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier's injury time strike was ''perfect'' as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell.
The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give the hosts a perfect send-off before moving to a new 30,000-seater stadium.
Wenger, whose side had led twice through Ashley Cole and Fredrik Ljungberg, says: "The goal was quality - but very frustrating. He reminds me of Michel Platini.
You may also want to watch:
"The Dell's always been a tough place to come to - when they move to a bigger stadium with a bigger pitch, they may find less fear from the opponents as well.
"No matter how good Southampton are, you know you will be playing against Southampton and the crowd here."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo