GUNNERS YEARS: Le Tissier downs Arsenal with 'the perfect strike'
2001: Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier s injury time strike was perfect as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell. The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give th
Arsene Wenger admits Matt Le Tissier's injury time strike was ''perfect'' as Southampton beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last ever match at The Dell.
The Saints legend curled in a 25-yard effort after coming on as a substitute in a see-saw battle to give the hosts a perfect send-off before moving to a new 30,000-seater stadium.
Wenger, whose side had led twice through Ashley Cole and Fredrik Ljungberg, says: "The goal was quality - but very frustrating. He reminds me of Michel Platini.
You may also want to watch:
"The Dell's always been a tough place to come to - when they move to a bigger stadium with a bigger pitch, they may find less fear from the opponents as well.
"No matter how good Southampton are, you know you will be playing against Southampton and the crowd here."
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'