GUNNERS YEARS: Henry is sang-froid in face of French jibes
2000: Summer signing Thierry Henry vows to ignore anti-French taunts from opposition fans. Team-mate and compatriot Emmanuel Petit made a one-finger gesture to Aston Villa fans – facing the wrath of the FA – after taunts last week. Henry, Arsenal s leadin
Summer signing Thierry Henry vows to ignore anti-French taunts from opposition fans.
Team-mate and compatriot Emmanuel Petit made a one-finger gesture to Aston Villa fans - facing the wrath of the FA - after taunts last week.
Henry, Arsenal's leading scorer with 15 goals, says he'd rather just shrug it off if Spurs fans target him in the forthcoming north London derby - his first visit to White Hart Lane: "Yes, I've been called a French this and a French that. I know it will be bad against Tottenham but it doesn't matter where you play. If you play for Barcelona, you have to go and play at Real Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
"The best thing to do is to play well and score. That shuts them up. They're only trying to put you off your game."
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden