GUNNERS YEARS: Henry is sang-froid in face of French jibes
2000: Summer signing Thierry Henry vows to ignore anti-French taunts from opposition fans. Team-mate and compatriot Emmanuel Petit made a one-finger gesture to Aston Villa fans – facing the wrath of the FA – after taunts last week. Henry, Arsenal s leadin
Summer signing Thierry Henry vows to ignore anti-French taunts from opposition fans.
Team-mate and compatriot Emmanuel Petit made a one-finger gesture to Aston Villa fans - facing the wrath of the FA - after taunts last week.
Henry, Arsenal's leading scorer with 15 goals, says he'd rather just shrug it off if Spurs fans target him in the forthcoming north London derby - his first visit to White Hart Lane: "Yes, I've been called a French this and a French that. I know it will be bad against Tottenham but it doesn't matter where you play. If you play for Barcelona, you have to go and play at Real Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
"The best thing to do is to play well and score. That shuts them up. They're only trying to put you off your game."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?