GUNNERS YEARS: Henry hat trick as Highbury sees its last real action
2006: Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury. The Frenchman s hat-trick – his seventh for the club – secured Arsenal s 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the
Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury.
The Frenchman's hat-trick - his seventh for the club - secured Arsenal's 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the expense of Spurs, 2-1 losers at West Ham.
An emotional Arsene Wenger said afterwards: "For the history of the club and the history of this building, I'm pleased. We would have felt guilty for years if we walked out having failed - today I had a feeling of fate."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill