GUNNERS YEARS: Henry hat trick as Highbury sees its last real action
2006: Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury. The Frenchman s hat-trick – his seventh for the club – secured Arsenal s 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the
Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury.
The Frenchman's hat-trick - his seventh for the club - secured Arsenal's 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the expense of Spurs, 2-1 losers at West Ham.
An emotional Arsene Wenger said afterwards: "For the history of the club and the history of this building, I'm pleased. We would have felt guilty for years if we walked out having failed - today I had a feeling of fate."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown