GUNNERS YEARS: Henry hat trick as Highbury sees its last real action
2006: Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury. The Frenchman s hat-trick – his seventh for the club – secured Arsenal s 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the
Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury.
The Frenchman's hat-trick - his seventh for the club - secured Arsenal's 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the expense of Spurs, 2-1 losers at West Ham.
An emotional Arsene Wenger said afterwards: "For the history of the club and the history of this building, I'm pleased. We would have felt guilty for years if we walked out having failed - today I had a feeling of fate."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 2 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 7 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit