GUNNERS YEARS: Henry hat trick as Highbury sees its last real action
2006: Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury. The Frenchman s hat-trick – his seventh for the club – secured Arsenal s 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the
Thierry Henry scored three as Wigan Athletic were beaten 4-2 in the last ever competitive match at Highbury.
The Frenchman's hat-trick - his seventh for the club - secured Arsenal's 2,010th win at the old stadium, and a place in the top four at the expense of Spurs, 2-1 losers at West Ham.
An emotional Arsene Wenger said afterwards: "For the history of the club and the history of this building, I'm pleased. We would have felt guilty for years if we walked out having failed - today I had a feeling of fate."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again