GUNNERS YEARS: Hartson fells Norwich with two early strikes
1995: John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1. Lee Dixon s sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win. It
John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1.
Lee Dixon's sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win.
"It was important to get a result - we were really up for the game,' said caretaker manager Stewart Houston, whose side warmed up perfectly for their forthcoming Cup-Winners-Cup semi-final with Sampdoria.
You may also want to watch:
"Hartson had a long trip to Sofia (for Wales) in midweek and that can take a lot out of a player. But he played really well and showed just why we signed him."
Meanwhile, Kevin Campbell is out for the season after an operation on a long-term back injury.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens