GUNNERS YEARS: Hartson fells Norwich with two early strikes
1995: John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1. Lee Dixon s sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win. It
John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1.
Lee Dixon's sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win.
"It was important to get a result - we were really up for the game,' said caretaker manager Stewart Houston, whose side warmed up perfectly for their forthcoming Cup-Winners-Cup semi-final with Sampdoria.
You may also want to watch:
"Hartson had a long trip to Sofia (for Wales) in midweek and that can take a lot out of a player. But he played really well and showed just why we signed him."
Meanwhile, Kevin Campbell is out for the season after an operation on a long-term back injury.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader