GUNNERS YEARS: Hartson fells Norwich with two early strikes
1995: John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1. Lee Dixon s sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win. It
John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1.
Lee Dixon's sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win.
"It was important to get a result - we were really up for the game,' said caretaker manager Stewart Houston, whose side warmed up perfectly for their forthcoming Cup-Winners-Cup semi-final with Sampdoria.
"Hartson had a long trip to Sofia (for Wales) in midweek and that can take a lot out of a player. But he played really well and showed just why we signed him."
Meanwhile, Kevin Campbell is out for the season after an operation on a long-term back injury.
- 1 Camden recycling ‘indiscriminately’ contaminated as lorry issues persist
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Artist with autism gets purr of approval from Grayson Perry
- 4 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 5 'First public sculpture' of Mother of Methodism carved in East Finchley
- 6 Full fibre broadband rollout coming to Crouch End and Barking
- 7 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 8 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 9 'Buddhism or biscuits? From toy designer to a Hampstead Unitarian minister'
- 10 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review