GUNNERS YEARS: Hartson fells Norwich with two early strikes
1995: John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1. Lee Dixon s sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win. It
John Hartson scores twice in the first 13 minutes as Arsenal hammer Norwich 5-1.
Lee Dixon's sixth minute strike meant the Gunners were 3-0 up in under a quarter of an hour before Paul Merson and a Rob Newman own goal wrapped up a decisive win.
"It was important to get a result - we were really up for the game,' said caretaker manager Stewart Houston, whose side warmed up perfectly for their forthcoming Cup-Winners-Cup semi-final with Sampdoria.
You may also want to watch:
"Hartson had a long trip to Sofia (for Wales) in midweek and that can take a lot out of a player. But he played really well and showed just why we signed him."
Meanwhile, Kevin Campbell is out for the season after an operation on a long-term back injury.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office