GUNNERS YEARS: Graham bites back at critics after title triumph
1989: George Graham hits back at critics who claim his side roughed up Liverpool in their 2-0 win at Anfield, which clinched Arsenal s first title in 18 years, We were not violent, not physical in the least, he said, before praising his young team
George Graham hits back at critics who claim his side ''roughed up'' Liverpool in their 2-0 win at Anfield, which clinched Arsenal's first title in 18 years, "We were not violent, not physical in the least,'' he said, before praising his young team.
"We have laid a foundation of belief at Highbury. If you lose hope, or lose belief, you may as well get out of football. This win was a fairytale, the unpredictable that makes us all love football.''
An estimated 250,000 fans take to the streets of Islington to see the trophy paraded. Graham adds: This is the finest day. The fans have shown how they appreciate us and we want to show the fans that we appreciate them.''
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Gunners are linked with a move for Sheffield Wednesday's powerful Iceland international midfielder, Siggi Jonsson.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?